Here are some common questions:
Q: How do you do sessions? In person? Phone?
Q: I’m scared. It’s my first time. Advice?
It’s normal to feel nervous but I’m a grounded, friendly presence and do my best to empower you. If it makes you feel better, I always feel a little nervous before my own personal sessions. Trust yourself, do research on your reader and have faith that what you hear will be for your ultimate good.
Q: Can a Tarot reading answer long-range questions?
We can ask but all we have is the present. It is from the present that we create our future. The cards may give an idea of an outcome but we are in control of our decisions, which influence the cards. I’ve had plenty of personal sessions where an intuitive gave a time frame and it didn’t happen. Did that make the reading less valid? No, because I chose to hear the message and not restrict it to a ticking clock. The cards are a mirror that reflect your inner landscape. If you ask about a relationship, be aware that the other person’s choices are part of the outcome. I’m not big on definitives because I have a healthy respect for our free will.
Q: What if I get the Death card?!
Hate to break it to you, but we’re all going to die. If you’d like to know when, I’m not that reader. The Death card reminds us that life is one big transformation. When it appears, it signifies heavy-duty change. Death teaches us that one day we will experience the ultimate transformation — but in this moment, how do we embrace the changes before us?
The Death card is greatly misunderstood. I’m surprised that clients don’t flinch when Devil or Tower appear – some of the most challenging cards, as they are the shadowy sides of our nature. All of the cards of the Major Arcana are the Great Teachers, symbolizing the natural cycles we must experience if we are to move into higher levels of wisdom.
Q: What do I need to do to prepare?
Be as relaxed as possible and in a peaceful space; ideally, not in the car, texting or running errands so that we can both remain grounded. Trust that what you need will come through the session. That’s about it.
Q: How often can I see you?
I ask clients to wait at least two weeks to a month. A session needs time to unfold and teaches you to trust your own intuition. Constantly going to a psychic builds a dependence on outside wisdom. All of your answers are within. Though I love my work and clients, I have no interest in being a guru or psychic crutch. Use your judgment. Readings are especially powerful around Equinox or Solstice.
Q: So…what is it that you do exactly?
I’m a healer and seer. I have profound empathy for the human condition because I have suffered great loss. Some call me an intuitive or psychic (I prefer “cosmic cheerleader”). The names really don’t matter as much as being present and fulfilling my spiritual purpose.
Q: I feel like I’m gifted and want to get into this work. Where do I begin?
Find trusted mentors. Take classes. Study. Meditate. It’s essential that you find ways to stay healthy, whole and grounded while sharing your gifts. Having a mentor is one of the best ways to do so. Read my memoir, The Reluctant Tarot Reader for tips on deepening your practice in the magical arts.
Q: Any other advice as to why I should book a session with you?
1. I don’t have any emotional attachment to your questions. I see what I see and tell you, for your consideration. I’m able to go beyond your situations and have an expansive view about the people/relationships who influence you and perhaps where the issue originated. Your ability to be open affects the reading, as well.
2. All great queens/kings/leaders have advisors, even if they publicly poo-poo the woo to please their religious base or not be seen as kooky. Advisors are there to offer suggestions and give warnings to heed or not. No true leader would survive the stress without keen advisors.
3. I’m not a therapist, lawyer or doctor. I give friendly, non-judgmental advice to ponder. I’m here to help you see beyond your circumstances and consider possibilities that have yet to arrive. My sessions are positive, honest and real — and offer a perspective that goes beyond this one life.
4. Having a session may help you get beyond your fear of the unknown, death, psychics and religious judgment that you’ve held from childhood. It may also help you understand why you are here at this present time and the issues you need to work on, so that you move beyond them.
5. Don’t book a session expecting to only hear predictions. That’s lazy growth. You’ll be ready for a reading when you desire to understand yourself and your motives. ❤️
Ready to book your Tarot session? Go here.