In the era of smart-everything, it can be tough to unplug and just be. Don’t get me wrong: I love tech and speed but if I didn’t bring balance to my day, I’d fry. It’s crucial that I stay healthy as a healer and these are easy ways that help:
1. Be devoted to a spiritual practice. Connect with your spirit. I start the day (after feeding the animals and making coffee) with candles, incense, mantras and my version of prayer. I don’t turn on computers until I’m finished. This is crucial in keeping me sane, especially with clients and other responsibilities.
2. Turn off your devices, especially before bed. Disable notifications. Give your maxed-out nervous system a rest.
3. Practice yoga. This isn’t just stretchy-stretch. It’s living with the spirit of yoga: tuning into the breath and doing your best to cause no harm to yourself and others. I’ve often praised yoga and I’ll practice it until I leave the planet – and probably beyond.
4. Meditate. Everyone’s doing it these days.
5. De-clutter. Get rid of your shit. Give away things you no longer need that others do. Say goodbye to played-out friendships and selfish partners. Be merciless in your self-compassion.
6. Reduce and eliminate your debt. Freedom is the key, and having no debt gives peace of mind.
7. Seek out ways to have a life of ease and simplicity.